These Are a Few of My Favorite Things | Part I
In no particular order, a few of my favorite wedding ideas, trends, or should be trends :)
1. Colored heels. Oh how I love this idea. You’ve got the all white dress, so go for some flavor and fun with those shoes! No one will see them unless you want them to be seen and it makes for some seriously cute pictures…
2. Custom reception lighting. I’ve talked about this on my photography blog but this is absolutely one thing that will completely change the look of your reception. With the limited number of reception halls in the Peoria/Bloomington area, chances are fairly good that some of your guests will have been to a reception in your hall previously. Why not surprise them with a TOTALLY different look via colored lights . Sound and Light Creations does a fabulous job in the lighting department, and the great crew over at Extreme DJ’s has recently begun offering this amazing service as well.
3. Unique bridesmaid dresses. I’m so excited for this to become a reality. Bridesmaid dresses are a huge way to express your individuality, perhaps by putting your gals in different dresses of the same hue, or same dresses in differing yet coordinating colors. I love the shoot/post done by amazing photographer Stephanie Williams here as was featured in the “Utterly Engaged” online magazine.
4. Choreographed 1st dances. I love a good first dance. Who doesn’t? The “snuggle and sway” is always adorable – never fails. But for those who are a bit more adventurous… why not a tango or a rumba for your first dance? Now that would be something I’d bet your guests hadn’t seen before. Check out Sinclair Dance Studio in Peoria as the amazing instructors there specialize in choreographed wedding dances.
5. Vintage inspired fashion/decor
If you haven’t already – do check out the Utterly Engaged online magazine – amazing vintage ideas/ideas in general.
6. Organic inspired decor
Part Two coming when I can next find time to update! :)